This policy describes how Orange Ink collects and processes personal data obtained via cookies on its website www.orangeink.co.za and specifically, the websites “contact us” form. This in accordance with the PoPI and GDPR acts. Orange Ink respects your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
Orange Ink: Orange Ink means the South African registered company trading as Orange Ink. Orange Ink is a full-service communication, PR and digital agency, and is located at 1 Van Riebeeck Avenue, Norscot, Fourways, Johannesburg. For more information, please visit: http://orangeink.co.za/about-us/
PoPI: PoPI stands for the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 2013. For more information, please visit: https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/docs/InfoRegSA-POPIA-act2013-004.pdf
GDPR: General Data Protection Regulation Act. For more information, please visit: https://gdpr.eu/
Data Controller: Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processor: Data Processor means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
Data Subject: Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
1. Principles for processing personal data
Our principles for processing personal data are:
- Fairness and lawfulness.
- When we process personal data, the individual rights of the Data Subjects must be protected. All personal data must be collected and processed in a legal and fair manner.
- Restricted to a specific purpose.
- The personal data of Data Subject is only processed for specific purposes.
- The Data Subject must be informed of how his/her data is being collected, processed, and used.
2. What personal data we collect and process
Orange Ink collects different types of personal data for various purposes. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Employment information
3. How we use the personal data
Orange Ink uses the collected personal data predominately for contact and reciprocal contact purposes, however other purposes could include, but not be limited to, the following:
- To provide you with services
- To notify you about changes to our services and/or products
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues relating to our services
4. Legal basis for collecting and processing personal data
- Orange Ink needs to perform a contract with you.
- You have given Orange Ink permission to do so.
- Processing your personal data is in Orange Ink’s legitimate interests.
- Orange Ink needs to comply with laws and regulations.
- We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property.
- In the event of a fraudulent online payment, Orange Ink is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
4.1. Data Collector Responsibilities:
Orange Ink will not, without your express consent:
- Use your personal information for any purpose other than the afore mention use in section 4 above.
- Contact you regarding current or new services offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us).
Additionally, Orange Ink will not disclose your personal information, without your explicit consent.
- To our employees and/or third-party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email, or any other method.
- To law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions.
- To our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
5. Retention of personal data
6. Data protection rights
You as an individual have certain data protection rights.
If you wish to be informed what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us by going to: http://orangeink.co.za/contact-us/
6.1. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you
6.2. Responsibility of the Data Subject
By using our services, you agree to adhere to the regulations and laws regarding personal information. By doing so you agree to undertake the following list, but not limited to, of responsibilities:
- Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
- You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
No. 1 Van Riebeeck Avenue,
+27 11 465 4075